Sunday, December 23, 2007

a merry QUESTmas to all...

yesterday morning we celebrated 'quest'tmas for the kids here. "the quest" is the name of our group home. catchy, no? ben & i had gone shopping the night before, we had a low budget, but really did enjoy being able to buy things for them. it was hard to not overspend...okay, it was hard for ME to not overspend. but both of us just felt our hearts turn toward these kids who beneath their tough...and sometimes very annoying exteriors...are really just children of God who want to belong somewhere. especially during christmas. so we had fun wrapping presents & even more fun watching them being unwrapped. then ernest, fantasia & einstein packed their bags & left for a couple of days. carrot top? oh no. he's here with us.


carrot top has named himself the grinch. just add a couple of pounds and some bright red hair and i'd say that picture was pretty accurate.
a possible bright spot. his mom called yesterday to say that she was feeling guilty for not taking him home. so as long as he continues to act appropriately, she decided to pick him up on christmas eve & bring him back on christmas day. IT IS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. but let's not start making any figgy pudding yet. carrot top is notorious for destroying any chance for peace on earth. so we will keep this a secret and say some prayers. god bless us everyone.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

We are not mad about the Lion House...I mean if you call me creating a voodoo doll with Ben's face "not mad" or if you call me burning every blanket in my house because there will be NO more talking under the blanket "not mad" or finally if you call me removing the Ben and Lynsey page of my baby name book "not mad" then I guess you could consider me not mad.

Andrea said...

Just Kidding Straders. I am not mad...sorry I wasn't a better sport about it. I feel bad that I behaved so badly- Thank you! It was so nice of you. We wish we could live by you guys and mooch off you more often:)By the way Ethan has the "Country Christmas" hanging in his room.HE LOVES IT!!! Sorry I meant to give it back to you before you left. Next Time, I PROMISE!