Friday, September 28, 2007

i've been tagged

first official tagging, exciting stuff! here it goes.

four jobs:

-typed up patient's visits for an OBGYN from the time i was 14 until 18 off and on: let me tell you, hearing and then typing some of the most DISGUSTING things i have ever heard made me live in mortal fear of the gyno until my pre-marital visit. there are a few words from that experience, i will spare you what they are, that will forever be burned in my brain as the most vile words in the dictionary.

-arctic circle!!:
my parents said i had to have a job within 2 wks. or i wouldn't be allowed to drive. enter arctic circle. but i survived it for almost 8 months. needless to say the only thing i will eat from there is their shakes. i did have my first bi-racial relationship there, my first kiss from that guy (he was so great!) and got offered a dollar from a middle-aged man if i could prove that my eyelashes were real. arctic circle shaped me into the woman i am today. go lime ricky!!

-bagel jax:
this was in jackson hole, one of the 3 summers i worked up there. this was a really fun job where we could crank up music while we made bagel sandwiches. i met a fantastic girl named casey who is still one of my favorite people to this day. my brother tyler worked there too and that was so much fun. he was known for working the early (5 a.m.) shift and falling asleep on the bagel heater. everytime i listen to counting crows "august and everything after" one of the best CD's of all time, i think of bagel jax. great job!

-melaleuca:
i worked in human resources for this company and i loved all of the responsibility it provided for me. i was in charge of recruiting & hiring, leading training groups and helping with the major christmas parties, summer picnics & employee meetings. funniest story from there: i was interviewing a lady and asked her if she was looking for "fart-time or pull-time work." how do you recover after saying the word fart??
saddest story: my good friend lisette & closest co-worker was killed in a car accident. it was my first grown-up experience with death and i did not handle it well. i wouldn't have made it through if it weren't for ben & my good friend brittany. (love you brit!)

four places i've lived:
-utah (salt lake, murray, fruit heights, logan & spanish fork)
-idaho (boise & rexburg)
-wyoming (jackson hole)
-north carolina (durham)

four movies i love: why is this one so hard for me??
-stranger than fiction (this one made me think & appreciate life)
-pride & prejudice (old, new, borrowed or blue..i love it!)
-orange county-makes me laugh EVERY TIME
-the pursuit of happyness ($20 bucks to my name? try $8.47. beat that! no i loved this movie & especially that it was a true story)

four movies i would love to see:
-becoming jane
-the painted veil
-american beauty (edited, recommended by sister laur)
-donnie darko (edited, recommended by brother ty)

four favorite foods:
-breyer's double churned frozen yogurt caramel swirl
-lettuce wraps at p.f. chang's
-flauta bajio salad at bajio's
-pasta milano at the macaroni grill

four weird things about me:
-i stink at saying public prayers. i always bless food when we're not eating any and stammer & stutter like it's going out of style.
-i found out i have scoliosis AS the guy was putting the epideral in. nice timing, no?
-i was an accomplice in stealing a bag of elder bednar's trash bags out of his trash can. i was really an innocent bystander sitting in a car w/ a couple of crazies (you know who you are) but i did participate in going through it!
-i can memorize numbers like crazy. i remember our number in boise when i was 5, our murray house number, jackson hole numbers, idaho numbers, old friends from junior high, both mine & ben's credit card & drivers license, all of our ss #'s, and everyone who is plugged in our cell phone. comes in handy when you lose your phone. the weird part is, why did i fail math??

four favorite TV shows:
1) the office
2) the amazing race
3) 24-though sometimes it's a bit too gory for me but it is the single reason that i will never live in L.A. unless of course, jack bauer is real!
4) miss oprah

four places i'd rather be:
1) utah, visiting friends & family
2) disney world...we're planning a trip there this year! marie, get the guest beds ready :)
3) somewhere tropical
4) hmmmmm...anywhere that's NOT in a group home??

four people i'm tagging:
1) andrea
2) rachel (if you haven't had your baby yet)
3) lindsay
4) kristin

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Tagging means answering all these questions on my blog?

Rachel Chick said...

OR if I HAVE had her, I don't have to??? hmmmm....

Rachel Chick said...

I think I feel some hard, consistent contractions coming on...

Rachel Chick said...

P.S. Nels and I laughed SOOOOO (soooo?) hard at your fart-time story!!! I am still laughing actually! I don't think there's much recovery from that. ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Ben & Bling,

Hope all is well, tell the K-man the we love him.