Thursday, November 22, 2007

thankful...

this year thanksgiving is not traditional for us. carrot top is still here, the other two clients have left. ben and i were really hoping that it would just be us, but we understand that this is the life we have chosen for a year so we just take it one day at at time. it doesn't make me any less grateful though, i love this day because it really causes me to sit and think of just how much i have to be thankful for. there have been so many amazing people that have gone in and out of my life and so many that are still involved in my life. i've heard the saying "if you don't have your health, you don't have anything." and i agree with that. but i also think, if i were to come down with a terminal illness tomorrow, how would i get through it? i think with my strong faith in God, and then with the support of those who love me. so this blog is dedicated to my friends and family, i love you so much and am so grateful for all that you have done and continue to do. you have shaped me to be who i am today.

i am grateful for my little family, ben and caleb. these two boys give me so much joy and happiness. i couldn't ask for a better husband than ben. he is patient, kind, freaking hilarious, and a good man. i have the best time with him and am so grateful that we found eachother and are still as in love today as we were 5 years ago. it just keeps getting better with ben and i can't wait to see what our future holds. and little caleb. we have been through a lot with him in his short 2 1/2 years and sometimes when i look at him, my eyes fill up because there was a time...not so long ago...that i did not know how long he would be with us. i was so afraid to love him because i was so afraid to lose him. but i've realized the true lesson that faith and fear cannot co-exist. so i chose faith, and that however long he was granted on this earth, i knew he would not leave unloved. each day with these two guys is a blessing.

i am grateful for my extended family. my parents who have always tried to teach me what is right and did an amazing job being parents. i love you. my brother and sister, as we grow older our relationships just seem to get better. i love you. my in-laws, i love you guys! thank you for being awesome, i feel so lucky to have fantastic in-laws. none of those scary in-law stories. well, just a few, now that we've actually LIVED with some of them. just kidding felt fart family. my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and all that comes in between, i am grateful for you and the people that you are.

i am grateful for my friends. some of these fantastic people are so close that they feel like family. they are my elementary school friends, junior high & high school friends, college roommates, friends from rexburg, and now our new friends here in north carolina. ben and i thrive on our relationships with others and we are grateful to have been able to keep in touch with so many of you. you know you have a good friend when you don't see each other for 2 years and you are able to pick up just where you left off.

most of all i am so grateful for my heavenly father and jesus christ. all things that are given to me are direct blessings from heaven. i am so thankful that i have this relationship and will continue to strive to be more like my savior. i am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the light that comes from the truth. it has been so much fun to be out here in the mission field where we are able to introduce others to the gospel.

i hope you all have a fantastic thanksgiving. thank you for being a part of our lives! we love you.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh Lynsey, thank you for the great example of being thankful!! We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys. Thanksgiving just was not the same without you.

Edom

siddoway said...

Lynsey- Your blog is one of my favorites to keep up with. Your stories are the best. We are with Mike's family this year for Christmas, are you guys going to be in SLC for christmas? If so, we would love to see you guys. Take care-
Hayley and Mike

Kris said...

Lynsey, I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving! We so would have loved to see you but I'm sure another opportunity will present it's self for us. I'm glad your DC trip was fun and it makes me jealous that you are so close I would love to go. I hear the temple there is BEAUTIFUL and I would love to go there just for that. We're so close to Navoo and Palmyra, Kirkland etc that I am just glad we have the opportunity to see some church history stuff because I have not had that opportunity for that stuff until now. Any way I just wanted to tell you you're awesome! Both you and Ben are amazing (and I'm sure little Caleb) for the sacrifices you have made and will make for these "different" and troubled teens (yet still loved by and are Children of our Heavenly Father)you have done so much for them it really does inspire me. I do love reading the crazy stories about them on your blog not only to get a good laugh but to realize that these teens have a place to go that is "safe" for them and the only reason they do have that place is because of people like you. I'm sure you have had tough, tough times but WOW, what amazing work you have done. I seriously would love to learn some techniques of dealing with tough situations with teens because I'm sure my little Eden, angel Eden, is going to be my biggest challenge as a teen. I know you're laughing now because you know it's true! I'll be calling you in 13 1/2 years asking for advice :) Any way I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome! You can never hear it enough right?! We miss you guys
Kristin