Monday, January 14, 2008

boobaly & elders

tonight caleb was in the bathtub & i went up to say hi. caleb wanted me to see all his bubbles. when i commented about them he said, "ya, i'm all boobaly." ben & i started laughing & said "boobaly?" i personally thought that's what pamela anderson is, but i guess there can be more than one definition to a word. here is a picture of caleb being all boobaly.






then the elders stopped by for a visit. things always get exciting when they're around & it always heightens my senses of the lunacy that surrounds me at the group home. for example, while elder jensen was bearing his testimony about not serving two masters, einstein raised his hand. when called on, he said, "i have the devil sitting on one shoulder and former president bill clinton sitting on the other. i base everything i do around what one or the other tells me." here is a picture i can post of the elders, because none of the clients are in there (at least not enough to recognize), you get the idea of the amount of torture they go through each time they visit. they put new meaning into the phrase "charity suffereth long, and is patient." thanks guys, for putting up with it.

8 comments:

Shellee said...

We're pretty boobaly at our house too! Glad we're not the only ones:) We keep the elders on their toes as well. Oh wait, they don't come here, I meant the jehovah witnesses.

fonsy said...

Wow. That's some insight into his mind if the devil and Bill Clinton are telling him what to do. I would probably be mental if they were sitting on my shoulders too.

akstrader said...

I'm sorry...is Bill Clinton supposed to be the "angel" in that scenario???? If he is then WOW!!!

The Thompsons said...

I love reading your blog...it is hillarious, and the music is GREAT! I can't believe how big Caleb is!! He and Londyn would look cute together :) .

Kris said...

I like how your title to this post had "boobaly" and the word "elders" in it that made me laugh! Good stories as usual.

MARIE said...

I am really amazed at your job.

Jen said...

Lynsey! You are incredible. I bet you are fantastic with those boys. Did you get your box with the frames in it? I saw it said it was delivered to your front door. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Did you tell him that Former President Bill Clinton IS the Devil? Boy, that would mess with his head.