Monday, January 7, 2008

i'm it

i was tagged & it looks like this one is to post some random stuff about myself. could be interesting, more possibly could be quite boring. i think i am pretty much a boring person with an interesting job. but let's see what i can come up with!

**i am 27. wow that sounds old! but my sister thinks that her prime will be in her 30's and i have to say that's a good motto. just gearin up for the fantastic years to come!

**i have one child, although at times he has felt like at least 3 kids. i know people think i am exaggerating because i technically have no idea what it feels like to have 3, but seriously. his first 2 years were a bit nuts.

**once at a family christmas party (shellee & aim you should remember this) my grandparents rented a minnie mouse costume for someone to dress up in & hand out candy canes. i don't know how i got volunteered for the job but i did, and did it with style. apparently the costume was a little old because about halfway through the ordeal, minnie's nose fell off. we didn't know what to do with it so we stuck it in her mouth. hopefully none of the kids noticed. i do remember how stiflingly HOT it was in there, but there are some classic pics because of it. just picture minnie doing a rockettes pose and you've got it.

**i am what i would call a 'closet singer.' i absolutely LOVE to do it & think that i am pretty decent, but if someone asks me to sing in public i FREEZE up. ben thinks i should make a CD. isn't he sweet.

**at some point in my life i played the piano, flute, violin & guitar. i took tap, ballet & jazz dance lessons. what do i do now? manage a group home.

**i am addicted to trashy gossip magazines & shows. since working here, i have to admit i have gotten better. but seriously now...can you BELIEVE that halle berry, jessica alba, jamie lynn spears & countless others are pregnant?? and did you see britney spears strapped into a gurney? my personal opinion is that if she had been put in a group home at an early age, her life would have turned out much differently. in a positive way. pre-justin timberlake. okay i will stop.

**i absolutely HATE the word: 'discharge.' it has taken the #1 spot on my list of words to cringe at well above 'moist.'

**i love to collect hair products. it is crazy. every time we move i have to give away hundreds of dollars of hair products & make-up that have never been used, or used once. you would think i look better than i do. i said i "collect" them i never said i knew how to "use them correctly."

**i don't like to cook. this is something i have had to do my best to overcome now that i cook for 8 people. but i just d-r-e-a-d it. that is ben's #1 complaint about me that he wishes i liked to do it. but i think it works out ok because ben really enjoys cooking. from scratch. can you believe that??? who would EVER want to cook from scratch? my fancy man.

**i crave relationships with others. not "shallow-tons of friends-have tons of parties" type of relationships. but ones that are meaningful & deep & loyal & with people i can trust. that has been ingrained in me since i was a little girl. i try really hard to be the type of friend that i would want to have in my life.

**this job has helped me to be a more patient, kind & empathetic person. it has also pushed me to my limits emotionally and physically. my life has been threatened more times than i can count, i have been sworn at & treated poorly & taken advantage of, but i have never felt closer to my husband or to my heavenly father than i have these past 6 mos. and at the end of the day, i really feel that i have made a positive impact on these kids' lives. i also know i am a better mother to my child & future children from the skills i have learned. so no, lauren, i don't regret the decision. there is the answer to your question...just sometimes i have to think about it before i can answer honestly!

i tag: lauren, kirsten (time for the closet blogger to come out of the closet!), angie hamblin & ben gunn

7 comments:

Kris said...

Lyns you make me laugh! I like reading about these strange things about people, it's fun to know I'm not the only weird one. So were you talking about me when you mentioned the closet blogger or a different Kristen? Just wondering...
Hey you're totally invited to Vegas I think you deserve a break, don't you? I know you're probably very busy but girls weekends are always needed! They won't miss you for a few days right?

fonsy said...

What's this i tag stuff? Some strange blogger lingo?

sarahbellac said...

Happy New Year! It's great to hear from you and keep up with your family through the blog. I love it! I think you two are rock stars for managing those kids. Wow. Just think, when you're finally done and doing something else, you will treasure your privacy and time along all that much more!
Have a wonderful 2008.
Hugs,
Sarah

Kris said...

I'm glad I'm not the 'closet blogger' I thought maybe you thought my blog was gay or some thing, I'm totally kidding. I wasn't sure what you meant but I now know it's Kirsten not kristin I read it wrong, whoops I should have kept my mouth shut oh well.

Jen said...

Thanks so much for your order! You are awesome. I just packaged them all up in the bubble wrap and I will ship them first thing tomorrow! Thanks again Lynsey! You are great!

Andrea said...

I NEED to see the Minnie Pics!

Shellee said...

Just know that all these frightening experiences are going to come in handy the older Caleb gets.

I DO remember minnie coming to the Christmas party. How exactly did they decide on her???

Keep making us laugh. In the meantime, I'll be twiddling my dead cats paw in my fingers....