Thursday, January 3, 2008

new moon & eclipse

here is the review i posted on my bookclub blog about these books. loved them!




ok here we go! over christmas break, during the 2 days we had NO CLIENTS HERE (a moment of silence please for how fantastic that was) i had the chance to read the rest of the series. it was great! ok so here are my two cents, for anyone who cares (if you haven't read this series but plan to, don't read on):

1) even though edward is beautiful & perfect & everything else
2) i would pick JACOB!!!

i like a man with a dark, tormented side. that is why i married ben (ha ha!). not that edward doesn't have that but he's just TOOOOO perfect for me. and in the end, i think bella would get tired of it. and then it would be too late, she would be a vampire, and she would have to spend eternity with him. i just am not a hopeless romantic and i would get tired of all those smoochies and perfect compliments and that is all i have to say about that.

so there you go. i am on team jacob. loved the books, can't wait for the movie, can't wait for the 4th book.

***for all you doubters out there, i was one too! read the series!

12 comments:

fonsy said...

You would pick Jacob? You are crazy woman. Anyways so yeah I am an in the closet blogger - don't tell anyone, really. But thanks for gifts sistah! I love the CD and the hat! Oh yeah, and Little Toot, I didn't see that one coming...Love ya.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey you! Glad you got a break over the holidays. I am sure the 2 days went all too quickly!!! I haven't read those books yet, but keep hearing I should--over, and over and over! I just need to do it now... :) By the way, am still waiting for that New Years Card phone call you talked about--I emailed you my number but never heard back. Will hopefully hear from you soon~

Shellee said...

NOOOOOOOO!!! Jacob?? Believe me, I like the whole tall, DARK, handsome, and warm thing, but Edward.... Yum. Team Edward here.

Jen said...

I am going to have to side with the Blood Suckers instead of the Dogs, but I did like Jacob! :)

janine said...

Sorry, Lynsey....for me it's Edward...i like a man with--shall we say- a PERFECT side! This series toys with some serious emotions though! Hope you guys are well!

Dana Broderick said...

hey you! haven't checked your blog in a while and it was fun to catch up. I just started the first book and I'm wondering about this Edward fellow. Maybe I'll warm up to him b/c right now he just seems weird....i'll keep reading and let you know what i think.

Haiku Amy said...

I liked Jacob, but not as much as Edward. Plus, who could risk a future with him knowing he could imprint and then leave you? Yikes.
P.S. This is Amy BTW. How's it going?

Rachel Chick said...

gotta agree with the general consensus, Edward for me. I'm sure Jacob will imprint in the next book and be totally over her anyway.

Danny, Mandy, & Driggletts said...

Wow Strader!!! (this is mandy by the way) JACOB?! REALLY?! That is ridiculous! Did you see who is playing edward in the movie?? Cedric from Harry Potter! Anywho....we need to get Carrie to read the fabulous books! I have read them 3 times now....little obsessed. I hear you saw my father-in-law last week, how was that? So tell Ben hi! I am glad to hear it's going well for you all!

lynsey said...

hey all you doubters. yes, jacob, YESSSSSSS!!!! i stand by my choice. i do see the point about the imprint. but if that were not there, then JACOB ALL THE WAY!!!!!

akstrader said...

I can't fault you. I am definitely more drawn to hot soft flesh than cold marble. Besides Jacob reminds me of Adam.

MARIE said...

Hm, I think you're saying you like Jacob just so you can stir up a flood of emotions from us obsessive Edward lovers... and then laugh that we're actually so disturbed by it. ( :