Saturday, January 19, 2008

one of "those" days

so i realize that one of "those" days has a different definition to everyone. that could mean that your 5 kids have run rampant through the home, taking off their poopy diapers & fingerpainting, pulling the cat's tail, falling down the stairs & breaking a leg, dumping spaghetti sauce all over the kitchen floor, & putting liquid dish soap in the dishwasher, causing it to overflow with suds & soak & ruin your cheap linoleum floor. or it could mean a busy day at the office, your boss gets mad at you for something you didn't do, everyone else calls in sick to work causing you to pick up the slack, the loony customer decides this is the day to go ape-crazy on your behind & cuss you out in front of everyone, & you get told you don't know how to "prioritize" because you haven't been able to get any of your own duties done.

this is what one of "those" days means to me:

being too exhausted physically & mentally to go into details about how
1) my new nickname, according to fantasia, is b*$#h
2) letting carrot top know that we are reporting his actions to his parole officer, which will most likely result in jail time
3) watching ben & fantasia struggle over a honey-baked ham, leading to a 10 minute stand-off with both of their hands wrapped around a refridgerator, where she continually threatens his life
4) being 'iced in' to the home, unable to go anywhere for 2 days because of the weather that causes the entire state of north carolina to shut down
5) i've given myself about 10 pep talks in the past 2 days to get me through the final 6 months at this job

5 comments:

akstrader said...

some of these need the detail when you've got the energy for it. Really... a honey baked ham? I'm sure it will seem funny to you in a week or two but I understand the frustration of the moment. Its about as funny as 3 dozen eggs against the living room wall or Jake taking a gallon of red oil based paint for a walk and spilling it all over my hardwood floors. Really who takes a can of paint for a walk?

Andrea said...

Oh Lynsey...what a day. Just think it can't get any worse right? Your full to capacity...if I were there I would come over and show Fantasia what happens to little gilrs who call me friend B%*&H!!!!!

The Pyne's said...

All I can say is I'm glad it's you and not me, or I would have already been taken to jail for strangling/killing someone. Although I do know you have way more patience than I do, and I KNOW you CAN do it! We're rooting for you!!

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Lyns...You are so melodramatic! I have those kind of days every day!!!! hee hee! Nels threatens my life on a regular basis and Lilie was hauled off in a police car this morning for ripping Hazel's arms off...I totally understand...most people have days like that! Ha haa! Sorry such a craptacular day. Just remember that you are probably going to be the only example these children have of a normal, loving relationship for the rest of their lives! You are doing a good thing there.

Unknown said...

Ok you totally don't know me and I don't normally do this but I found your blog through Carrie Felts and I just had to leave a comment. Why? Because this has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read! You have a nack for writing that is for sure...Sounds like you have some interesting adventures!