Thursday, October 18, 2007

boondoggle and a broken heart



carrot top as i mentioned has struggled since monday. i am sure all of you are sitting on the edge of your seats wondering how his quest to "meet the love of his life" went and you may be able to tell the outcome by the picture on the blog.

basically carrot top said that he met this woman, went up and pledged his unabashed love for her and she returned the favor with a slap in the face and threats to hurt him if he ever came close to her again. tragic? yes. repairable? not so much. you see, carrot top has hygiene problems. MAJOR ONES. it is a sad thing when you have to tell a 16-yr. old boy he needs to take showers on a daily basis. and to have to go through the actual steps of what is included in washing yourself. i took a backseat to that conversation and gladly handed the wheel over to ben.

so i can just imagine the fear in this girl's eyes as she smelled the pungent smell of what surrounds carrot top by about a 10-ft-radius. think pig-pen on the charlie brown & snoopy show. then times that by like 15. i literally have to breathe through my mouth whenever i am close to his bedroom door and even then sometimes i swear i can taste rotten peaches. okay, enough of that.

but since that happened at school, carrot top has gone into what we call "avoidance phase." which means that he will do anything, ANYTHING to avoid going back to school. it began when he told us he was going to kill himself and walked out of his room with his belt strapped around his neck and began pulling both sides to choke himself. ben informed him that all that would happen is that his body would pass out from lack of oxygen, he would fall down, release his grip and then would begin to breathe again. so he tried something else. this time grabbing strands of boondoggle (remember that from girls camp? well apparently it's all the rage in group homes)
string and wrapping it around his neck. this went on for some time.

he informed us that he needed to go to the hospital, that he was going to hurt himself. we said that he needed to calm down and get a grip on life and deal with what happened. long story short, he continued to say these things and went to his psychiatrist who legally had to admit him to the psych ward at a hospital 2 hours away. that was last night. the funny thing is, i think he actually thinks he can get rid of us! not so easy, my freckled friend. see ya next week.

3 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

Good times. I think I have said this before, but I will say it again... You guys are brave! I guess never a dull moment. What happened with Fantasia? I am sitting on the edge of my seat.

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh my...you are so brave...and positive. I think I would have checked myself in where carrot top was going and left him at home. :)

The Pyne's said...

Lynsey, what have you gotten yourself into? My goodness. So just curious, what do you guys do with caleb when the kids are acting this way? All I have to say is atleast you will be able to handle any problems that come up with your own children in the future. But I'm sure that it will be a breeze with your kids, because they will all be angels!!! I'm starting to rethink if I would ever want to come out and visit you. J/K. I'd love to come out and see your place and the area. But financially right now is not an option, we'll let you know when we are rich and then we can come out. YA RIGHT!! But seriously we'll have to try. =)