Monday, October 15, 2007

school is in session!

fantasia has been relatively easy to live with. the great part is that she is smart in both social and academic areas. the sad part is that she is actually more advanced in these areas than the other clients in the home, who are about 5-6 years older than her. sometimes i forget that she's only 10 years old. then i am quickly reminded.

such was the case yesterday, when she said she was bored and needed something to do. i was in the office working on some things and so i showed her where we keep the games and puzzles so she could entertain herself. she looks through it and then goes down to her room. a minute later she emerges, carrying a HUGE pile of stuffed animals. 17 of them to be exact. she lined them all up on the couches, we have three of them in the family room (i was watching this all with the office door open).

next thing i know, i hear her talking. i say, "what?" and there is no response so i continue on. then i hear more talking. i lean in to listen and this is what i hear:

"huh? you talkin back to me? oh no you didn't! you've just missed recess young man, and if you don't stop your disrespectin', you'll miss lunch recess too!"

"what was that, chris? you givin' me attitude now? you're gonna be sorry mister because that is no way to speak to a teacher. you need to show me some respect!"

i stood up and peered out to see her speaking to her stuffed animals. she would then move one around and have it switch places with another one and yell,

"oh no you did NOT just get out of your seat!"

beware my little stuffed friends. school is in session and miss fantasia is kicking ace and taking names.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, what a girl. Lucky you! You guys have the best stories and I'm sure there are plenty more we have not yet heard. Keep em coming :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Benseyleb!! I was just checking out your blog and cracking up. What a strong family you guys are. I used to work with a similar demographic just in the afternoons in college and man, that was enough for me!! They can be so great and so challenging all at the same time. Anyway, I don't know how long comments are allowed to be (I am not a blogger) but I am probably overdoing it a little. I am headed to Alta in December for a few days and was sorry you will not be there, but I'm glad you are enjoying the east coast. All my love to you guys, i've been thinking bout ya. xoxo, case

Rachel Chick said...

Hey, I just got caught up on your blog today! I love your blog, I always get such a kick out of it! Keep the stories coming...and the shortcakes! Ahhhh! I laughed so hard! Thanks for livening up my morning! I love you guys! Take care of you crazy kids and their teacher! Have a good day!
Rachel

Andrea said...

Seriously...they don't need you and Ben anymore...Fantasia can discipline the whole house. You better watch out she will have you and Ben in timeout soon!