Thursday, October 11, 2007

"mama wants to order me a stack of shortcakes!"

this is an actual quote delivered by the hostess at the restaurant bob evans to MY HUSBAND. no joke! she totally hit on him when he was paying the bill. it's a tradition for us to go there every thursday morning for breakfast & this hostess sees us together every time. she knows that we walk in TOGETHER with our CHILD. but apparently my husband is too irresistible for her to hold herself back from showing her true feelings.

so ben went up to the front to pay our ticket. he had to take out his I.D. because on the back of his credit card he always writes "see I.D." the hostess told him that he looked good in his picture and the rest of the convo went a little somethin' sometin' like this:

ben: "well thanks, it was a long time ago when i was younger, better looking and less portly." (ben is not portly i might add but he always calls himself this)
hostess with the mostess: "oh no, you look like you're in great shape."
ben: (chuckling nervously) "well that's nice of you to say. could be better i guess."
hostess with the mostess: (leaning over the counter, giving ben her "bedroom eyes" i'm sure of it) "mama wants to order me a stack of shortcakes, you know what i mean!!"
ben: (well past uncomfortable at this point) "well it looks like you're searching for a tip too!"

end of conversation. ben came rushing back to the table saying "let's go. i have a story for you!" when we walked out the door she said goodbye, i didn't know what words had been swapped between the two of them or else i might have grabbed his rear end on our way out just to show her who was the proud owner of the 'short cakes.' let me tell you what though, next thursday morning, i'm showing up in my wedding dress and she won't know what hit her. back off my baby's daddy!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't even want to know what that means. What!
Seriously next Thursday you should show up and when you order say, "Lynsey wants to order a side of stay away from my MAN!"

Hamblin Family said...

That just made my day. If I ever want a good laugh, I look at your blog and something is bound to be there. Sounds like something they would say in the South, but I am not yet a true southerner so I don't even know what that means!! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that just about killed me laughing. I am SOO saying that to my hubby tonight, hey, maybe I'll get me somma da shortcakes, ehehehe (dirty perv laugh).
Good times.

Rachel Holloway said...

So funny---thanks for sharing. :) By the way, glad somone else loves Bob Evans as much as I do! YUMMMMMMM.....Wish we could go there every Thursday...and Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday...etc. :)

Kris said...

HA HA HA HA! That's all I have to say about that.
Lyns that is too funny. I knew the ladies liked Ben but man she is another story this lady. Tell us how next thursday goes.