Saturday, February 23, 2008

curiosity kills...or at least makes you insane!

so i can't sleep tonight. every muscle in my body is telling me otherwise but then i lay here with my eyes closed & my brain swirling around random thoughts to keep me awake.

(mmmm, that stir-fy was good tonight. i love teriyaki sauce so much. kikoman is the best brand of teriyaki. oops, i didn't switch the laundry. where are we going to go after this year is up? is carrot top plotting his revenge? do i need to still sleep with a bat under my bed? when is the treadmill key i won off of ebay going to get here? it's dark in here. why did i watch the last 10 minutes of "the grudge" the other day? i knew that was a bad idea. even if 8 out of the 10 minutes my eyes were closed. when did caleb learn how to talk so well? where on earth is my turbo jam dvd?)

you get the idea. so of course i decide to try to 'zone out' by getting caught up on some blogs. then i check my sitemeter. i look at the locations of visitors. which brings me to the point of this posting. i'm not quite sure who everybody is that is reading this. then i start to rack my brain....who do i know in wisconsin? louisiana? virginia? i go through my list of friends who are mostly spread out through the u.s. but still can't come up with answers to many of the locations that are popping up.

side note: ben just started talking in his sleep. most of the time if this happens he just rambles nonsense. i try to toy with him, asking him questions & pretending to be in the middle of whatever conversation he is dreaming about. usually to no avail. but this one is pretty funny. he actually just repeated the steps to "interrupting appropriately" which is a social skill we teach our group home kids. then he just congratulated me on a "job well done." poor overworked fella.

back to my rambling. putting it mildly, i am a person who can't just leave things alone. if i suspect that a surprise is coming for me...birthday or something, i purposely wear the secret-holder DOWN until they finally crack and tell me. i am so annoying that it is an art. but this situation is a whole new ball of wax. i can't wear anyone down, can't crack the code.

so this is an open invitation to my secret friends. write me a note. introduce yourselves. don't be shy. tell me how you came across our page. i think it would be so awesome to find out what brought you here. and if you have a blog i'd love to check it out. especially on nights like these.

at least it would be one less question my brain would have to ponder about at 3 am.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, I'm a closet benseyleb reader and today I'm coming out! You guys probably don't remember but Ben was my FHE brother my sophomore year at BYU-I (2002) and he was the only one who encouraged me to write to "my missionary" (who I ended up marrying!) Also, we rode with you both from Rexburg to the SLC airport at the end of the semester. Anyway, I came across your blog because my old roommate, Jennifer Barry, and I were just searching for people we used to know and we remembered you guys. We've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks and get lots of good laughs so we keep coming back! Creepy, I know. But my blog is jebtimes3.blogspot.com if you want to check it out and maybe that'll jog your memory!

lynsey said...

yeaaaaa! thanks for responding! sounds like old bennigans gave you some good advice in the man department. i remember you two girls riding down with us. & ben says hi too! we'll be checking out your blog if you don't mind. :)

The Pyne's said...

Lynsey, I have the same thoughts before I go to bed or especially if up for a midnight feeding. The best times to think almost seem like 2:00 in the morning. Isn't that weird?

Andrea said...

I too am a closet Benseyleb reader! My name is Nestor...Ben may remember me from the seminary lesson that went wrong.."Would you say he's demonic?"

Toby and Tammy said...

Okay, I must confess that I LOVE reading your blog and tell all of your crazy stories to my husband. I am friends with Kristen and Cory Harker, and therefore found your blog off of theirs. I've been reading and laughing about your crazy job for a long time now. Thanks for all the great laughs. My blog isn't as funny as yours, but stop on by anytime. tobyandtammythornton.blogspot.com

The Thompsons said...

We read your blog all of the time, but don't always comment just in case you forgot where we live....it Pennsylvania :)!!!

Renee said...

Chippie! It's me...does anyone else call you Chippie? Anyway, I totally LOVE your blog...so much fun. Kelly says Hi. If you don't remember us, I'll remind you of our good times at the ol' Distribution Center Office. Hee hee :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Well, you know me--a reader...but your fabulous Valentines Day videos jammed up my igoogle and froze my computer so I had to take you off my subscription--thus explaining the lack of comments lately. I will add you back and hope your videos don't show up in the live feed--I love reading your blog. You make things SO funny--you are a fabulous writer! And most of all, you make my craziest days seem sane. :) jk!