Friday, February 15, 2008

my personal motivator

this morning started off rough. i had this dream that carrot top was chasing me around the kitchen trying to grab a HUGE knife out of my hand to do who knows what with. i kept running behind him & smacking the back of his head. then i woke up to a phone call at 8:20 am....who does that? (you know who you are, we still love you) and as soon as my eyes opened, the pounding began. ooooooh. a migraine. a nasty one. this is also friday, the saddest day of the week for me because it means tomorrow is saturday and the beginning of the weekend. everyone else on the planet NOT working a live-in job at a residential treatment facility probably doesn't understand this concept but weekends are MUCHO STRESSFULLO. i know that's not correct spanish.

anyway i was all prepared to be in an awful mood. when suddenly i hear through caleb's monitor,

"helppppp! ayudo mas!" this is caleb's version of spanish that he has learned from his fav bilingual t.v. shows. i couldn't help but laugh to myself as i staggered into his bedroom, clutching my head to try to decrease the pounding.

as i opened the door my cute little boy stands up in his crib and says cheerfully,

"good morning mama! how did you sleep today? want to play with my car darage (garage)?"

and reached out his arms for me to hug him. i pick him up and he wraps his arms and legs around me so tightly and just says,

"i love you mama! i missed you today."

pounding head or not i decided that this would be a good day. today caleb became my personal motivator, pulling me out of my gloom and doom. he and ben do this often for me. they give me multiple reasons to hang on for dear life...to face the day, the weekend, the next 5 months...and more importantly, to do it with a smile.

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

How awesome! They make it worth it don't they?

Kris said...

how sweet is he?!I like how he wakes up speaking spanish, that's so funny. When Eden was really young probably Jonah's age she would say "come mommy vamanos" she could just barely talk and she was saying words in spanish, it's so funny how they pick those things up so quickly.
I love it when they (our kids)say such sweet words of love to us and they know just when to do it to make every thing better. What a cute story!

Andrea said...

What would you have done if when you went in the room it was Carrot top on the monitor. Would you have hugged him?

lynsey said...

lol andrea. knock it off.

The Pyne's said...

Lucky you Lynsey to have such a sweet boy!! Because I swear conner is the complete opposite and is getting worse with the presence of Eric entering the home. We have never once even gotten him to say I Love you to us. But surprisingly the first time he ever did say it was to Eric. So keep up the good work. I think he learns a lot of it from you and you are such a great example!