Monday, February 25, 2008

thoughts in the wee hours





1) stayed up waaaaay too late last night. you know that nauseous feeling you get when you haven't gotten enough sleep?
2) what was i doing? wasting my time watching the re-caps of the oscars since i missed them. which brings me to thought #3.
3) did anyone else watch lisa rinna (the collagen-filled dancing w/ the stars alumni) & joey fatone (formerly w/ 'n sync) make total idiots out of themselves? i lost brain cells watching lisa fumble around while she completely embarrassed herself in front of amy adams. she kept saying "i am sooooo fired." and i thought to myself, "she had better be. and fire her plastic surgeon right along with her." it was painful.
4) it is weird having ben gone. (at a funeral for his aunt) i am so used to having him with me that this big empty house feels even bigger and emptier than it normally does when the kids leave for school. can't wait until he's home tonight.
5) i had the unwelcome pleasure of watching ernest pick his nose in front of me this morning. straight up. showed no shame. what am i supposed to do with that?
6) why can't fantastia zip and unzip her own jacket? could i dress myself when i was 11? and a better question...why do i keep enabling her?
7) there is a smell permeating from underneath carrot top's door and i am horrified to try to figure out what it is. i will wait until ben gets back. :)
8) ahhhhhh. a cup of hot chocolate in the morning. bad for the buns, great for the soul.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh you! You are so funny...I CAN relate to that icky up too late feeling. :)I hope Ben comes back ready to tackel odd smells, snotty noses, and incapable 11 year olds. :) Good luck with your day--

And really--will have a proof to you today. I am officially "slow"...and so sorry. I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I need reminded a million times over...will take care of it a.s.a.p!

geesh...how do I put up with myself

Andrea said...

Wow he must really love you if he's picking already in front of you...you should be flattered. I heard that teens in group homes save that gesture for those they adore the most!

Unknown said...

Hey I guess I have to come out of the secret blog reading world too. haha this is Jen Barry (Wheat now) I was so glad that Jill found your blog! You guys are the cutest and your boy is a handsome little guy! We also have a blog (http://creamof.blogspot.com) and we are living in Texas. I love to check your blog, you have such great attitudes about your job, and all that life brings you. I love it!

Kris said...

I was hoping to find out who was visiting your blog from Wisconson, I'm curious to know, as you are too I am sure.

Me said...

Okay I'm coming out too, this is Erika Larson now Gomm, and Tyler came to visit us a couple weeks back and gave us his blog address and yes, I saw yours and Lauren's on his and I've had fun reading both of yours! Everybody loved and looked up to you guys in YW, and you're still as cute as ever!