Tuesday, February 12, 2008

mEnTaL bLoCkS



1) why do i pull out a new toilet paper roll only to set it by the toilet instead of in its holder & wait until the roll is almost out to actually change out the empty roll, only to have to start the process all over again the next day??
2) why does ben take off his shoes and set them right next to the basket of shoes?
3) why do i order doubles of pictures to send out to friends & family only to end up with stacks and stacks of pictures that i need to mail out? why don't i just mail them?
4) why do i do the laundry, fold it & let it sit in the basket for days until eventually all the searched-through clothes are unfolded & wrinkled?
5) why do i have perfectly fantastic wedding cards, birthday cards, thank-you cards etc. filled out, sealed & addressed in an envelope sitting in a stack just waiting to have a stamp put on them & be walked out to the mailbox?
6) why do i refuse to wash off my mascara at night only to end up looking like a frazzled raccoon in the morning, having to wash it off anyway?
7) why is it everytime i sit down at the computer to get caught up on my office work i end up searching all of my favorite blogs & websites before i even look at my responsibilities...resulting in hours & hours of wasted time & backed up paperwork?

5 comments:

Carlee and Curt said...

WOW! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does every one of those things!! Your blog is so fun! I had to tell Curt about the kool-aid when he got home from school! So dang funny! Go Ben! I told Curt I wish we would have gotten to know you guys better in Rexburg. You are such a fun couple!

Andrea said...

Ummm I don't know maybe because you are full to capacity with troubled, sometimes smelly sometimes violent teens who take every last ounce of strength and endurance out of you so that the thought of putting a stamp on an envelop makes your back hurt and your eyes burn! By the way we haven't talked in almost 10 to 20 years. We should talk...I always want to call but never know when your busy...call me when you have time.

The Thompsons said...

I'm with Andrea...you have quite a few reasons for not getting things done! I only live with three sometimes smelly crazies and I still never get anything done!!

campblondie said...

Well, my friend because you are normal.

Rachel Chick said...

I love the bit about the mascara! I do the same thing and think the same thing every morning!