Thursday, June 5, 2008

another hurdle

so it seems like when it rains it pours.

ben
has been sick, and has had some strange symptoms. we were up until 3am last night. him in pain, me worried & trying to help. went to the doctor today & was told it could be 3 options: 2 which are scary, one which is not.

did some blood work, filling anit-biotics in the
hope that it is the non-scary option and we are now playing the waiting game....

since i am
already crying today for about 3 separate reasons, it is time for another inspirational video that always makes me tear up.

this is
ben's favorite. a heroic father & a beautiful son. for more background, here is their story.

it hits close to home for us because we first watched it at a time when we were not sure of the future of
our own beautiful son. it's a long story.

but we look at those who have
overcome, have smiled through trials, have conquered the unconquerable. and we know that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Ummm what the heck is happening to Ben? Call me.

Rayanne said...

Lynsey, my prayers are with you guys.

The Foster Bunch said...

Lynsey,
I just know everything is going to be ok! You guys are in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything. I know we are far away, but we are here if you need us.
Love, Britt

campblondie said...

Why is the world as I know it crumbling. What is happening with Ben?

Rachel Chick said...

You know, you guys have been on my mind a lot lately. I'm praying for you. Let us know if there is anything else we can do --- from miles and miles away. Let us know what's happening. We love you all so much and wish I wish I could be there to give you a little support. Again, my prayers are with you guys.

Me said...

Oh man you guys are troopers I feel for you, I mean I don't know really what you're going through but I feel for you. Hope Ben is okay.

Shellee said...

Thinking about you, and hoping for nothing scary.

cortney and neil said...

Well Linds I came to your site for a good laugh and left bawling. I don't know what's going on with Ben but hang in there. You're right you have conquered amazing things and you will keep going. I don't know why life gives us what it does, but I do know it makes us stronger. I am living proof of that. I love you tons. If you need a friend to listen give me a call.
Love ya
Cort

Mindy and Garry said...

Good luck with Ben and the last month there!!! We know it seems like when it rains it pours! We're thinking of you guys and hope everything it well!

Amanda said...

It hurts me that you're both struggling so much right now. Here is a scripture that has often helped me in my darkest moments...

"...he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"

Know that you are loved. Know that all circumstance, no matter how good or bad, always change. The challenges you have before you now are temporary. Always know that nothing happens TO you, it happens FOR you.

Sending you both love and health.

Amanda