Tuesday, June 10, 2008

LL #3

life lesson #3: church ties make great secret ops uni's.

yesterday we made a bunch of cookies & decided to drop off a couple of plates to some families. well ben tries to get ernest & einstein all hyped up to "ding dong ditch" (these crazy easterners don't know what anything's called out here) & tells them they are going to be in charge of running the plates & not getting caught.

ernest decides they need to dress up for their parts. two minutes later they emerge from their rooms with their church ties wrapped around their heads like bandannas. but wait, it gets better. ernest accessorizes with his leopard print sheet finagled over one shoulder in a toga/nephi look. leopard print. sheet. he's 16.

i hadn't known that ben had been getting them so excited for their 30 seconds out in
"the field" so when i saw them dressed up, it took everything i had to not laugh.

the actual ding dong ditch part was an
adventure, putting a stop to the squabbling going on between ernest & einstein as to who followed who to who's hiding spot & trying to explain to caleb what was going on so he would stop freaking out ("I WANT TO GO HIDE TOO!" he screamed repeatedly).

unfortunately we did have a bit of a
mishap. ernest realized his make-shift bandanna had somehow gotten lost during the run from the bushes to the van. i told him almost every mission had collateral damage & that it was a sacrifice that had to be made.

but
all things considered, the mission was a success. and thank the maker we've still got that leopard print sheet around. you never know when that thing might come in handy again. i'm thinking christmas '08, the nativity scene with joseph sportin' a little jungle madness in the manger.

2 comments:

The Pyne's said...

ok so first off, you are seriously not a pessimist. You totally handle everything that gets thrown at you in a super, calm, loving and fantastic way!!

Next, when do you hear about ben's tests? I'm sorry to hear that he's been sick, I'm totally hoping for the non-bad one. What were his symptoms, because you know me mrs. hypocondriac...I alway have symptoms of stuff, but it's probably all just up in my HEAD!

And then to my next of nexts, how do you have time to blog so much? I mean I can only get on like maybe once a week. So I'm sorry I've had to skip some of your longer stories although I know they are probably super good/crazy/funny. Which brings me to the next....

I will totally miss hearing your crazy stories of the group home. and have you guys even decided what you are going to be doing like arizona or somewhere else.

Hoping for the best in everything!!! Just think, life will be normal SOON! (and did I see you wrote that you were swimming laps, you suck! and the next I see you you'll be super skinny running marathons and swimming in the olympics!)

Miss you guys...oh and I'm still waiting for that phone call you said you were going to me making (although I now know you have had some problems so I'll be more patient!)

Toby and Tammy said...

I have so missed reading your posts! It was great to get back on and read all about your crazy adventures. Glad that you guys are almost done but I will be sad where there are no more house stories.
Hope Ben gets better. It's horrible to be sick and not be sure what is causing it.