Monday, June 23, 2008

here comes the bride.

congratulations christy!

the day was lovely and the bride was lovelier. and he looked dapper. part of the crane family...i love them!


i had a great time at the wedding, celebrating with friends and then getting a chance to spend a teeny bit of time with my mom & sister. highlights:
  • almost missing my connecting flight to salt lake.
  • seeing laur & brett's cute kids.
  • gabby singing "part of your world" at the top of her lungs dressed only in a shirt, undies & her cinderella slippers. accessorized with her favorite aunty's lipstick of course.
  • fat merrick's thighs. heavenly.
  • hearing jude say "forkin spoon" with his lisp which turned out to sound a little more offensive than he meant it (say it really fast & mispronounce your "r"s like little kids do)
  • having my birthday come early....a new dress AND new shoes...compliments of mom & laur. thanks again ladies!
  • my intimate couples' massage with my mother. brought some giggles out of both of us.
  • my chain-smokin, tattoo wearin' masseuse. thanks again john. you have gentle hands.
  • christy's wedding, the sealing, the reception, the fresh pineapple. it was all lovely.
  • hanging out with lindsay. i'll woo 'em...(you can finish the rest linds ;)
  • seeing old friends who had traveled far for the occasion.

  • actually being able to READ & FINISH A BOOK for the first time since december. the host. liked it. a lot.
  • plane ride home, next to a man chugging wine. felt the potential for another david hasselhoff moment, but luckily there was no drama.
  • got to hang out with my favorite guys tonight. glad the weekend went so smoothly. thanks again ben & our awesome staff.

11 comments:

cortney and neil said...

You looked so cute linds. I am glad you had fun. And I loved the David moment.

Mindy and Garry said...

Ahhhh! How fun! I'm so glad you got to go!

Kris said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip and Lyns you look GORGEOUS!!!

Andrea said...

You look great! Seriously Top Model! You and Caleb have a career. And you gave me a brief heart attack with the Birthday comment. July 22nd right? Seriously you can't do that to me in my state of health. You'll be the death of me!

The Foster Bunch said...

Glad to see you had such a wonderful trip. You looks so pretty in your dress. That is so fun you got to spend quality time with your mom and sister. You deserved it after what you put up with everyday.

campblondie said...

Don't hassle the hoff. So glad you had fun!

Shellee said...

Isn't it great to get away every now and again?

Put me on your "people to visit" list while you're here next month.

Lindsay Jane said...

Lyns...I feel so luck to have been able to spend so much time with you. The shoes were very cute and worth the pain. Don't stop looking for a man for me. Let's meet up again soon.

Mick and Tiff said...

I didn't know that was the Christy's wedding you were coming to. Congrats to Christy Crane! (Did you know her dad did out cabinets?) You looked cute in your red dress and all!! I have a pair of shoes exactly like the ones you are talking about and they are a KILLER!!!! But of course I still wear them... The joys of being a girl.

Rachel Holloway said...

What a FUN TIME! I am so glad you got to go--and SUPER CUTE shoes, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Lyns - thanks for the quickie! The kids haven't stopped poppin' balls since. They miss their "winnie". And Wayne says hello - hopes you enjoyed your lemonade.