Sunday, June 15, 2008

a dad is...

someone who makes you smile when you don't feel like smiling...

someone who feels your pain...


someone who will tickle you until you wet your pants...


someone who will share their hairstyle techniques...

who will hold you tight after you've been on a long journey...

someone who will lift you up so you can see the light...

someone who values education...

someone who will help you appreciate the beauty of the earth...

someone who will teach you "marco, polo"...

someone who will help you walk through trials...

someone who will talk you through your problems...

someone with a fantastic sense of humor...

someone who will make you feel like a prince or princess...

someone who will sit on santa's lap when you're too scared to...

someone who is a good friend...

someone who will carry you when you are too tired to stand...

someone who would make his own father proud...



for all these reasons and more, this is why we love you.

happy father's day, ben.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest tribute and description of a dad!

Amanda said...

that is the sweetest thing i've ever seen, lyns. happy papa day, ben.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is too, too cute! Kudos for going through all those PICS to find just the right ones! That is a challenge in itself! :)
Happy Father's Day Ben!

Anonymous said...

That was like a "greatest hits" of your family pics - I loved it! And I'm amazed at the way you found just the right words for every caption - it was like poetry. It even made me tear up a little, seeing all you've been through and how far you've come.

Me said...

I loved that post!!!

Okay thank you so much, Lynsey for your comment, YES I will try freezing pedialyte, and the ammonia thing too, THANK YOU!

So yeah today being the 3rd day Jenna has acted so weird has made me pretty uneasy so I should take that as the "instinct" if things continue tomorrow and take her in, for sure.

I blame my dear mom for being "underly cautious"... when my little brother was 3 he broke his leg...but we didn't find that out till a few days later when my mom finally decided to take him in!! pretty sad... but seriously, I never want to hear "if we'd have caught that earlier..." It's hard to know the fine line, huh.

cortney and neil said...

I loved this. Expecially the pic of his dad. I bet he is so proud of what Ben had become.

Jules said...

hear hear! that was so cute.

Angela said...

That is so cute! What an awesome Dad!

AL said...

Lyn...you piece of crap you made me cry! You know that Ben and I have always had a close connection, and I am so grateful that he has a partner that loves and appreciates how wonderful he is. I know that our dad is proud of him and so am I.