Thursday, June 19, 2008

she's leaving on a jet plane.


yes it's true. one of my oldest & favorite friends christy is getting hitched this weekend and my sweet husband & a sponsor (who will remain anonymous even though i know exactly who you are & don't know what to say except THANK YOU) went in on a plane ticket for me to go.

i wish that i had time to
see all the people i love in utah...but this is really quick trip. here for the wedding, out the next morning. so unfortunately i will have to send you my love through a blog. don't be angry, we will be back in utah in less than month for hopefully a week or two & would LOVE to see all of you then. plus, what good am i without my two boys? i am a shell of who i would be with them. a more relaxed

that being said, i am already
shell, but a shell nonetheless. :)anxious to step onto the plane. i despise flying with a passion. i'm not too worried about us "going down" or anything, i just get airsick. i cringe when i think of the feeling i get in my abdomen when the plane takes off and i dry heave thinking of the feeling i get when it touches down. i need fresh air and an open window. or at least the knowledge that should the need for an open window arise, the option is there. i feel trapped in a plane. not claustrophobic (i don't think) but just an urgency to have my hair feel wind-swept.

of course, if the plane
does happen to go down, know that i love you all. i like some more than others, but i love you all. that was a joke. but seriously, if they uncover my body on the floor of the ocean, know that it is a conspiracy and that i am still alive on a random island carrying my tiki torch and searching the jungle with john locke. don't ever stop looking for me, benny (rhymes with penny, get it, lost fans??). use every last dollar to come and save me so i can be tortured the rest of my life back on normal ground and go insane until have to return to that same said island to rescue relatives i never knew i had.

i bid you all
adieu.

7 comments:

Marielle said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could be there. Say hi to everyone for me. Give Christy a big hug from me and have a really good time! what a fun, albeit short, trip!

Marielle

The Pyne's said...

ok, so I am so glad that I am not the only one!!! I HATE flying. and it's not even the going up or the going down it's all the bumping inbetween and I guess the lowering of going down with each thousand mile you feel like you're on a lagoon ride. I made lance take care of eric almost the entire 6 hours we were in the air on the way there and the way back from NY. I just had to close my eyes and listen to some music! but everyone seemed to think I was scared about crashing...I mean of course it's always in the back of my mind, but that's not what it is, it's the butterflies in the stomach feeling that is sickening. So when are you guys going to be in UT? and may I say I LOVED the father's day post! You guys are always taking THE BEST pictures! it almost made me cry. What a cute little family you are!

campblondie said...

Have fun, and don't even joke about going down. I am knocking on wood as we speak.

Me said...

I LOVE LOST! Thanks for those references.

AND thanks for those sentiments about acne, I love when you write letters to yourself, they're the best!

Mick and Tiff said...

So fun to come to UTah. What a great guy you have!!! AND YOU ARE NOT CRASHING!!!! I am so with you though on the plane anxiety. Have a fun trip and can't wait for when you come back for a little longer!!!! Until then thanks for the funny letters to yourself about your zits... Always keeping me laughing!

Andrea said...

Stop that!! Don't say you are going down... I joked about my insides blowing up and look what happened!

Rachel Holloway said...

HAVE FUN---HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! And good luck on that flight!