Thursday, April 24, 2008

bamboozled


during a 2 hour skipbo marathon, carmella (our FT co-worker) randomly said,

"you know, it's a good thing i met you mormons. because that warren jeffs guy is sure giving you a bad name. he's bamboozled ya'll."


one of the many reasons i'm going to miss this girl when we're done here. another reason? she keeps telling me to write a book. i have no idea how in the world to write a book, nor do i believe i have the talent to do it. (don't yell at me, oprah! i still haven't figured out the secret to "the secret!") but the fact that carmella says this to me on a daily basis & i can tell she truly believes i could do it & not just "do it" but actually be successful at it, means one of two things: 1) she is delusional or 2) she truly believes i have a gift. and having a friend who believes you have a gift is really somethin' else.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I think you could absolutely write a book! The way you write is hilarious and to have it all in a book would just be awesome! Go for it! I'll buy it!

Rachel Holloway said...

You absolutely could write a book! You are amazingly talented and funny!!

I'll buy your first copy...

really...

Rachel Chick said...

Hear hear! Lyns, you're such a blabber mouth, I'm sure you could do it! :) LOL! (And Lynsey, if you get offended or self-conscious about that comment, I'm going to come down there and kick you in the butt hoile! You KNOW you're a blabber mouth! --- And by the way, blabber mouth is much better than bladder mouth - which is what I first typed!) ;) hah ah ahahahahah!

Andrea said...

J.K. Strader

Toby and Tammy said...

I think your a great writer! It's one of the reasons I kept reading your blog (not to mention the HILARIOUS stories of your lovely kids).
It would be an awesome book.

Shellee said...

you would be a great author. i'm sure you could google how to start.