Wednesday, April 9, 2008

see spot on chin. see spot grow. see diego save spot's day.

normally i have relatively clear skin. i'm not going to be cast on a neutrogena commercial any time soon but for the most part i do okay. but every now & then i get a whopper of a blemish that decides to set a goal to ruin my self-image. i've had a small mountain grace my chin for over a week now. no matter what i've done...even using my "last resort" technique called toothpaste, i wake up in the morning expecting to at least see the the mamacita depleting a tiny bit but have been severely disappointed. today i swear it doubled in size. you know the whole "moley moley moley" from austin powers? well that is exactly what i feel like. that everyone is staring at it & expecting it to talk to them or something. paranoid? you would think so, but then again i finally blurt out to carmella this afternoon:

"i have had this huge zit on my chin for a week & it's not going away!"

what i love about carmella is that she doesn't beat around the bush. instead of being the friend i would probably be, lying & saying "what zit?" she says to me:

"yeah, girl i know. i can't stop staring at it."

and all of my paranoia & fears are validated in an instant. i shriek & reach inside the medicine cabinet, searching for help. then carmella says,

"yeah, that's right. put a bandaid on it or somethin. that'll help. at least then people won't see it."

so that is what i do. i've been sporting a yellow diego bandaid on my chin for a few hours. it's not that i lie about why it's there, i own up to the reason. but at least when someone's staring at it, i know they're staring at the brown-eyed fellow & not the goiter on my chin. here is a picture, i can't smile or anything because then the bandaid starts to peel off.

i am posing to look as ridiculous as i feel.

so yet again, diego answers the call to help whoever or whatever is in need of a little rescue.

ps-no comments about the state my hair is in. humidity has made a comeback this week in NC. i'm starting a trend. fuzzy is the new smooth.

12 comments:

The Thompsons said...

That is great!!! Go Diego Go!! I'm so glad he rescued mi amiga!! I am now sporting the exact same hair in Pennsylvania! Gotta love humidity with our big curly hair! Oh well...I think you look great. Your face looks really thin. Are you losing weight? and if so how are you doing it?? Do you really have time to exercise at that house? I have a really hard time and I have 2 little girls.

S and RA Beazer said...

I read the other day that you could disolve an asprin in a a little water, soak an cotton ball in the water, then put it on the blemish for an hour or so and the read would go down. If this really works I'd love to know.

Anonymous said...

For real, that is the funniest post I've ever read! I love Carmella so much! You look smashing in that picture, Diego and all. I think you're going to start a new trend. The next time I get a zit worth staring at I'm slapping a bright, cartoon faced band-aid on it. Let's see...I've got Curious George, Thomas the Train, or My Little Pony in my cupboard...

Rachel Holloway said...

AWESOME, AWESOME AWESOME....I have only used bandaids on my face when Brandon was trying to grow his facial hair out--so I put bandaids on my face so if he tried to kiss me it wouldn't scratch. Needless to say, he was less than impressed--and went and shaved. :)

Hope this mountain gets turned into a molehill...or something smaller. :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh--and I hope you weren't feeling guilted into leaving a comment on my blog. That wasn't the purpose of my comments post yesterday--you check in every now and then and I know you exist still! There are some people I leave comments for time after time and yet I see them visit my blog every day and they have YET to leave a comment on mine. So--that gets me! :)

Check in when you can, don't worry when you can't...I will always understand! :)

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! I still can't stop laughing!

Kris said...

You look HOT, Diego and all! If I put a band aid on my blemishes I'd have five or six on my face daily but that is just the way my skin is and I deal with it. Maybe it'll become this huge fashion accessory trend started by the one and only lysey strader and then I can go around sporting princess, dora, barbie, and my little pony band aids all the time and it would totally be okay! Here's hope'n

Jill said...

At least you only get ONE zit every once in a while. Unlike some of us who get LOTS of zits ALL the time! Also, before I even read what yous aid about your hair I was thinking, "Her hair is really cute. I wonder what product she uses." See, I have super curly hair, like afro hair. Okay, maybe not that curly but still... straightening it is out of the question. I thought yours looked like sexy, movie star wavy... you should keep it like that!

Andrea said...

Go Diego Go. I would prefer -Ni Hao, Ki-lan -band aide but that's just me...I know we aren't supposed to comment on the hair but I LOVE it. I am jealous of you girls with the naturally curly hair. And I agree with Brynn you look so svelte!

Ben said...

Is that Magnum, Latigra or Blue Steel?

Shellee said...

I thought your hair looked great. I love the curls. and your picture looks all pouty/myspace- minus the bandaid.

I wish I could feel more sorry for you, but I am in constant breakout.

The Pyne's said...

lynsey!! You look beautiful even with a yellow bandaid on your chin. and I love your hair. Even when you say it looks bad, it always looks GREAT!!! You are always positively radiant!! So, have you guys decided if you are staying there or coming back to good ole uath? Because even if we do get the job offer to NY we probably won't move until like July-Sept. So we'll see.....