Friday, April 25, 2008

heart palpitations

we were called yesterday & asked to speak in church on sunday. my first thought was to come up with a whole list of excuses as to why i couldn't do it. but then, that little tug i will affectionately call the holy ghost, helped me to see the light. so now i am up at 2:30 am trying to figure it all out. each time i think about standing up at the pulpit in less than two days, i get an irregular heartbeat. good grief, public speaking is not my forte.

apparently though i am a "blabber mouth" of a writer. and why would i be offended at that title?? the last time i checked, being called a blabber mouth was a compliment. oh wait, no it wasn't. good thing i like ya so much ms. chick! ;)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you sung in this ward? You should ask if you can do the musical number too...they NEED to hear the musical stylings of Lynsey Rowling Groban.(rowling for the writer in you...groban for your singing skilz.)Oh, and I don't think our a blabber mouth...I'd pay money to listen to you "blabber" all the day long!

The Pyne's said...

I'm totally with ya on this!!! It's horrible, although I will have say when eric was blessed I willingly went up to the pulpit and bore my testimony.....I was so PROUD of myself.

S and RA Beazer said...

All I can say is good luck. I get the opportunity every other month so I can really empathize with with pain and struggle. You'd think with all the practice that I would get to be a decent speaker but alas that is not the case.

Rachel Chick said...

I thought you would like that you butt hoile! :) I love you so much Lynsey! I miss your little blabber mouth and your great big blabber (blubber - ha ha) husband and your little not-so-blabbery-to-me little boy! Hope you are able to blabber your way through the meeting! ;) Just kidding, Lyns. You'll do wonderful. I hate speaking in church too. . . I'm sorry . . . I think my brain is zoning out - have you ever felt as if you are falling asleep with your eyes open. I've gone to bed after 2 every night this week - I'm retarded and you're going to do wonderful - just rely on the Spirit and you'll do beautifully! Good luck!

Hamblin Family said...

You're so funny! I could listen to you "blabber" all day. Oh how I miss your "blabbering"! Those were good times that will be missed in good ole Rexburg.