Wednesday, April 23, 2008

tetramelugen



ever heard of that word? neither had we. that is, until einstein educated us. apparently tetramelugen is a color...something in between blue-ish turqoise and greenish-teal that only people with head injuries are able to see. he knows this because he didn't used to be able to behold the beauty of tetramelugen until he suffered a head injury and then suddenly noticed the strange new color. he said that it is the color reflected off of the light prism in your eyeballs when your eye lids are closed. what in the mo fo is this kid talking about??? nobody knows.

now there have been many things that einstein has said that i think to myself, "there is no way he knows what he's talking about. he's making that up." and i look it up on the internet to find out that in fact, he is telling the truth. i've looked up "nanobots" and the latin roots of certain words, the most poisonous spider in the world, and what 132.6 times 93.2 is. so i searched and searched for tetramelugen. also searching under "head injuries, color" but haven't found one bit of info on it. so i personally think he's full of it. until...

i remember that i have actually suffered a head injury. at around 17 years old i fell into a friend's window well, landed my noggin on a rock & split the back of my head open & had to get stitches. now everytime i blink i think, "do i see this special color? am i one of the few, the proud, the tetramelugen see-ers?" i've got to get out of this place, it is making me question my own reality. but if by chance anyone else has heard of this phenomenon, please don't hesitate to share.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and then there was all those times mom and dad dropped you when you were a baby. I'm confident that if ANYBODY could see the tetrameluegen, it would be you. :)You need to start messin' with this boy's head, like he does with yours. Ask him if the world disappears behind him when he's not looking. Tell him we're all just a part of the Matrix and none of this is reality. C'mon - do it for Uncle Kent. :)

Andrea said...

I agree you and Ben should mess with him. Pick up something blue and admire it's redness or teach Caleb in front of him that, "Bananas are purple."

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! That is the funniest thing! You ROCK!

The Pyne's said...

Sad to say, I am not one of those lucky people! But may I say you are looking pretty thin there miss lynsey! And curious have you posted all the steps of how to change websites/making it private or did I just miss that post? And have you guys decided if you are staying there or returning to this paradise called UTAH?

campblondie said...

I can't say that I remember the name of the color exactly, but I swear I have actually heard of it. I was similarly shocked when Charlie mentioned that the biggest number was googleplex. I said, oh that cool. Turns out. It's real.

Unknown said...

You have the most entertaining stories EVER!! Much better then elementary kid stories. :) I think it would be funny to mess with his head too, although maybe he truly believes in his nonsense. And a side note ??, Do you use the kids real names or fake ones..Einstein, fantasia?

lynsey said...

because of a confidentiality agreement we signed, we use fake names & don't post pictures of our clients.

Debbie said...

I worked for years in ICU but my head injury patients could never talk so I never could gather much info on what colors they saw...

My teenage son has the same ability to talk absolute nonsense that turns out to be 100% true when I check on it. But that's only half the time so I keep on checking.