Thursday, April 3, 2008

out of the mouth of....ben


most bloggers quote their children when they say funny things to them. but here are some things my husband has said to me within the last 1/2 hour:

on balding...

"i'm not balding. it's just that my hair stuff pulls my hair out at night when i sleep. that and my hair is too long."

on braiding...

"i was watching you do your hair the other day and i realized that in our whole marriage you've never braided your hair. do you know how to braid?"

on taking a mid-afternoon-heavenly-nap...

(i see him opening his eyes)

me: "hey peeker. go to sleep"

ben: "i wasn't peeking. i was just experimenting with my eyes. don't you ever do that? one of my eyes sees color completely different than my other one."

on blogging...

"i swear to you, if any part of what i have just said & you have laughed at ends up on the blog i will spank you until your butt is raw."

and there you have it folks. husbands can be just as random as kids. it's the gospel truth.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW! The potbellied stallion is cracking me and "Ol'Beddy Bye" up!

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! I'm still laughing! So, the only one that wasn't crazy - is the eye experiment. I have totally noticed the same thing - weird, I thought I was the only one. For some reason when I've mentioned this phenomenon to Nels, he thinks I'm crazy! :)

Jill said...

Oh wow, that made me laugh hysterically. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such a fun husband and you have ME to thank for it. Consider the fact that I thought Ben was date-worthy from the first time I met him (Ben, you owe me "Rent" tickets), coupled your maniacal competetiveness with "the perfect sister". Good thing I've got good taste and you worship me!

Toby and Tammy said...

he he he, great laughs.

campblondie said...

Speechless, absolutly speechless.

lynsey said...

kiss your butt goodbye.

-ben
of "bensey"

Rachel Holloway said...

AMEN! I have thought a time or too about listing Brandonisms...because they too are SO much funnier than what the kids say sometimes! :)
Gotta love good ol' Ben

Marci Ward said...

Hilarious! I always say i have three little boys (including my husband!) What fun!
Aren't you so glad that you have someone in your life that makes you laugh!