Thursday, April 24, 2008

lynsalina jolie

there is something wrong with my lip. i first noticed it when driving back with ernest for an appointment. he was rambling about "future cars" a.k.a bio diesel cars that can run off of vegetable oil & are more enviro-friendly. as he mumbled along i checked out mentally & realized that i had a weird pain starting right below my lip. the concern grew during the skipbo-fest when i noticed that my lower lip really hurt & only seemed to get worse. but there is no source or bump, just extreme pain.

now i have been someone who has always laughed in the face of danger when it has come to oral herpes. i have never gotten a cold sore in my life & have been surrounded by those who get them when they are run down. apparently they are really contagious. whenever ben gets a fever blister/cold sore, he won't kiss me & i can't use any chapstick that has touched his lips for the rest of my life. i roll my eyes as i smear his burt's bees all over my lips & he watches in horror. to this day i have come out victorious.

but my concern has been growing as quickly as my lip has. i woke up this morning & look like a lower-lipped angelina jolie. the top lip is normal which makes it look even more awkward. i still don't know what it is because there's still no indication of where it actually is centralized. and i guess i'm a little paranoid after what has happened to our friend marc who counseled "don't pick your face" & now has a tube that leads to his heart just a short week or so later. (hope you're feeling better marc! we've been thinking about you)

i guess for today there's nothing i can really do except enjoy the unusual plumpness & pout. maybe i'll even make ben put on a little newsboy cap, we'll grab caleb & the neighborhood kids & call ourselves lynsalina & bradamin.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

You're a very sassy Lynsalina--I must say!

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! You're a crack up Lyns! Just think, some people pay buco bucks for what you've got today!

Ben said...

Maybe you have a slow forming tetramulegen...

Andrea said...

Post a picture...PLEASE!!!

Debbie said...

Lindsey, I can always count on you to make me laugh. I want to come to your ward just to hear you speak! Just for the record, I have had cold sores, fever blisters etc all my life but my husband and my kids have never had any! (and we do plenty of kissing and sharing chapstick!) Hang in there!