Tuesday, May 27, 2008

attack of the live feed

i don't know why, but the "live feed" on blogs freaks me out.

whenever i see it & then see myself on it i have this strong urge to
run & duck for cover. why is that? the sitemeters & statcounters, etc. don't bother me. i know people can see how many times i've looked at their blogs, what i did while i was there.

but when i'm on the live feed i actually
see them seeing me on their blog. i feel like a peeping tom & someone's just caught me staring in their window. i know, i'm weird. but to those of you who have those live feeds on your blogs, don't be offended if "chapel hill, north carolina" logs on for about 10 seconds & then logs back off.

it's not you, it's me. let's be friends.

interestingly enough, that's about how long it takes for me to log off the computer and run and hide
under my bed. not that i would really know.....

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Lyns! FINALLY home from vacation and getting caught up on your incredibly funny blog!

A few things:
LOVED the cake, the birthday tribute and your funny writing style, as always.

BUMMER about the throw up, the restraining, and the multiple clothes changes...

Glad you can still find the silver lining--even if it IS looking a little more bleak...you can do it--49 days is NOTHING compared to how far you have come...

Praying for you--really.

Oh, and I know Rachel Chick from my sewing class in college...she is such a great girl!

Andrea said...

I'm looking in your window right now. Why are you wearing Fantasia's Ponytail?

Jules said...

I have never seen the live feed! That is kinda weird to me also.

campblondie said...

As long as I'm not in the tub I don't mind the "peeking." Loved the birthday party by the way. Don't tell me you made that cake.

cortney and neil said...

You crack me up. You can be a peeping tom on me anytime.

cortney and neil said...

You are so funny. You can be a peeping tom on me anytime. Just don't judge me for what you see. :)

Mick and Tiff said...

I agree about the feeds. Even though I am invited to blogs and people want me to look, when I see a feed I feel like I am intruding or something. So very funny! And I am very sorry about the sickness. Nothing is worse than a sick child.. It is so sad and so so gross!