Saturday, May 24, 2008

curious caleb turns 3



we decorated in a "curious george" theme since caleb just adores that little monkey.

for all of you
amazing parents who are able to find the time & possess the talent to do everything home-made, i applaud you. maybe i will be that person next year, but for this year, i recognize my limitations & just settled for some party city decorations.

he got some fantastic presents this year...so thanks to all who sent stuff, it was so nice! a special shout-out to caleb's
aunt allison who hand-made the cutest curious george blanket for caleb.

ben's cake
was a hit, i was so proud of him.

i couldn't believe he was able to pull it off & have it look so amazing! he made it
all by himself out of cake, rice krispy treats, and a whole lot of love.


the decorations



carmella arrives with balloons!







the blanket!




our friends, jamie, vanessa & "baby lydia" lantz



playing with his new soccer ball



introducing....benny crocker! ben did it all by himself.


admiring his "georgie peorgie" cake

14 comments:

Kurt and Kristy said...

Wow!! Impressive cake! Thats better than anything I could do! And Im all about the already made decorations too! Im not very creative in that department! I cant believe Caleb is 3! I remember when I found out you were pregnant!! Good times!!

Andrea said...

I love the cake...Benny Crocker is making my children's wedding cakes.

Hamblin Family said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! He just keeps getting cuter. Amazing cake Ben. Have you ever thought of going pro?

The Thompsons said...

HAPPY B-DAY CALEB!!!! I can't believe he is 3. He is really cute and looks like he had a great day! That cake is awesome!!! Way to go Ben!

Shellee said...

That is an awesome cake. Good job Benny? Do people call him that, Benny? We love to say "uncle Benny" (my brother). It started with the whole benny crocker thing, because he can cook, but then my kids started calling him that, and now even some of his friends, and my in laws say it.

-gotta run, bre's peeing her pants

Lindsay Jane said...

Happy late birthday little Caleb! I can't believe he is 3 already. Ben, the cake is very impressive. Can I put in an order for a cat cake. I think I want my b-day party theme to be "Crazy cat lady" this year. Get cracking!

Angela said...

Wow! So cute and so much fun! Way cool cake! And don't worry, I bought the decorations for Matthew's birthday. Homemade is way beyond my skill level! Happy Birthday Caleb!

cortney and neil said...

linds
I am so glad we can keep in contact better now. Caleb is so cute. I can't believe how big he is. I havn't seen him since we were all at primary children's. Tell Benny Crocker I am amazed. I tried to make Avery a ladybug cake once and it ended up running all over. He is pretty good.
Love
Cort

Me said...

What a freaking awesome cake!!! Time to send that hubby of yours to a culinary school that's all I'm saying.

Jules said...

Ok, that cake is AWESOME!! Good job, Mr. Martha Stewart! I can't believe Caleb is 3! He is so cute!

Carlee said...

What a cute kid you two have!! Love the cake!

Mindy and Garry said...

How cute!!! The cake is great! I can't believe our kiddos are 3 now!!!

Marci Ward said...

BENNY CROCKER! Awesome, I can't believe he did it all himself. Way to go Ben

robin said...

This is by far the most creative & bestest Birthday cake I have ever seen! Ben, your creativity astounds me! I can't wait for July 6th! And Lynz, don't put yourself down--just remember that "To everything there is a season. . ." You are doing other things at this time. xoxoxox Mom