Thursday, May 22, 2008

just shoot me

well today just capped off another fantastic "day off."

  • ernest has been suspended since tuesday, because he tried to beat up the vice principal. he now has 2 charges pressed on him, a fine and a court date. plus suspended for 11 days.
  • we are being audited. not good. that means we get to spend hours handing over papers, documents, explanations & excuses as to why we do the things we do here. why is there plastic on fantasia's carpet? where are your incident reports? are your meds locked up? where do you keep your knives? is all of your leftover food less than 4 days old? this is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • caleb woke up vomiting. it continued every 20 minutes for around 3-4 hours. i'm trying to stifle his cries of "MOM, SAVE ME, PLEEAAASSEEE" so that the auditors downstairs don't think i am a child abuser.
all of this during our measly 12 hour shift "off" from our normal responsibilities. well so much for that i guess. sorry for the bitterness, i've just hit the end of my rope this week. tomorrow i will post all about the silver lining i know is out there somewhere. hope your thursday is going better, i have to go clean up some vomit.

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I love you, Lynsey! I'm sorry it's being such a crappy day!!! If I were there, I'd give you a break for a day! When you came back, I may have shot all the children that weren't mine . . . and maybe the auditor . . . but you could deal with that, couldn't you?

Anonymous said...

I can hear the Dulce De Leche cheesecake (from The Factory) calling you now "Oh Lynsey...I'll make you feel better...drown your sorrows in my creamy goodness...I promise I won't set up camp on your hips..."

Andrea said...

Yikes! What a day. Just be glad that you are almost done. Less than two months. You've come so far...just burn through these two months and you will be FREE AT LAST!!!
PS. Maybe Ethan passed his FLU through the Blog to Caleb.

PSS. I want some Cheesecake too. And maybe an egg roll!

Hev said...

I'm sorry it has been a hard week!! HANG IN THERE!!! You are aweomse! We hope that Caleb is feeling better! Love ya tons! :)

campblondie said...

Man, that stinks! I'm so sorry, can I just say......The sun will come out tomorrow, so ya gotta hang on till tomorrow.....come what may.