Friday, May 16, 2008

the baby years


warning: the next few posts may be extremely boring to you if you are not

1) caleb's parents
2) caleb's grandparents

that being said, HaPpY bIrThDaY LiTtLe MaN!!

here is the 1st slide show. yes i said FIRST. back off.



born: may 16, 2005 (1 wk early)
weight: 4 lbs., 7 oz.
height: 18 1/2 "

memories of that first week:
watching "hotel rwanda", drinking 3/4 of a 2 liter of sprite because i couldn't remember feeling you move for the entire day. getting more & more worried as the night went on. suddenly having steady & HARD contractions 5 mins. apart....then 2 mins. showered, got ready, went to the hospital. throwing up that bottle of sprite all over myself (good thing i washed my hair), your dad, the floor, the bed. you arriving during a contraction, no doctor there to help, you fell out on the bed. crying when i heard how tiny you were, thinking that there was something seriously wrong. feeding you through a syringe w/ our pinkie fingers to guide the tube. your preemie clothes drowning you, even when we doubled up the onsies. getting mastitis...come ON, like i hadn't been through enough. thinking you were the tiniest & cutest thing i had ever seen.

9 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

Holy Cow! What crazy stories leading up to his birth. No doctor to deliver him???

Hope Caleb has a wonderful birthday! It's so exciting to see them grow up.

The Foster Bunch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB! We are so excited for you to be 3. We hope you have a wonderful day, and eat lots of birthday cake!!!
Love,
The Foster's

The Pyne's said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Caleb!! So when's he going to get a sibling? I mean he just turned 3? JK. I so know you will have one when you are ready and when you get out of your group home. LOVED you mother's day post. You are such a good mother. Loved the pictures of your sweet children's drawings. Did they give you trouble the next day though since it wastn't mother's day?

And may I say you are looking mighty fine lynsey! Keep up the good work!

Shellee said...

Happy birthday Caleb!

No wonder you're scared to have another one. That was a lot of work and worry. But such wonderful boy.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Little Dude!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Caleb. You have fantastic parents. Beautiful pictures in the slide show - cute babies are never boring. I think I'm ready to be a grandma....

Andrea said...

OH I loved it. Little Caleb is so special and sweet- I loved the pictures. He was so tiny!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite nephew! Want to know what I remember about that day? I was at work when I heard you were in labor and I was DYING to come running up there but I knew these things took time so I didn't want to arrive too soon and be in the way. I called your cell just before lunchtime and Ben was like "uh, yeah, she's here but she can't really talk right now. I'll have to call you back." He sounded WEIRD. Then there was no call back. And I got concerned. And I got scared. And I got just a little pissed about the fact that he wouldn't let me talk to you. So I called back and said "Hi Ben, I need to talk to my sister" in a very stern tone. He handed the phone over to you and you told me the birth story, including the fact that Caleb was making his grand entrance right about the time that Ben hung up the phone.
I remember hitting like 10 Kid 2 Kids with mom on a hunt for preemie clothes! I remember seeing his sweet face for the first time and thinking he was the perfect combination of you and Ben. I remember marvelling at your bravery during such a chaotic delivery. I remember wanting your apartment to look so perfect so you would feel relaxed and peaceful and safe when you first brought him home. I remember admiring your gentle patience as you fed him through that tube and still tried to nurse AND pumped. I remember marvelling at what a naturally amazing mother you were right from the start. And knowing even in those early days that Caleb was going to grow into the strong, joyfull, loving child that he is today.

Haiku Amy said...

That sounds crazy! I enjoyed the slideshow. In one of the pictures Caleb is wearing a shirt with a dinosaur. I think Colby had that exact same shirt. It was green, and the dino was yellow and a little fuzzy. I think I got that outfit from Carter's. Cute stuff.
Amers