Monday, May 19, 2008

black monday

in an nutshell (or crazy shell, you choose), here is what happened today:

  • caleb's first encounter with getting stung by a wasp. not allergic. traumatized, but not allergic. phew.
  • ben & i got to restrain fantasia today. picture us rolling around on carpet covered by plastic (she wets the bed, the floor, the blankets. she wets it all) trying to calm down a 5'5", angry, frazzle-haired girl.
  • being called lesbians, rapists & pretty much everything else in the book. finding out how she plans to kill us.
  • hearing she is considering a lawsuit because her pinkie finger is bruised.
  • watching the police take her away.
  • needing to change complete outfits because ben & i both smelled like fermented pee after the whole restraint thing.
  • meeting her at the hospital psych ward, giving her a bottle of water & an apple & telling her we will see her when she "feels better."
  • her breaking down in tears & embracing me as she apologized. having to change my shirt (again) when i got home.
  • talking to her mom on the phone about the boot camps she is considering. then trying to comfort her as she breaks down about her daughter.
all in all, a rough start to the week. so to cheer us up, a little taste of the carpenters. check out those mad harmonica skills. and nothing says "pick me up" like a little yellow puffed sleeves. enjoy.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I had the chance to talk to Ben tonight on the phone at Carries house and I felt so bad for you guys! Of course he couldn't go into alot of detail, but what he was able to tell me was enough! I don't think I could do what you guys are doing! Just think of all the blessing you guys will get! :) I told Ben I will try to figure out a way to mail you guys a Pumkin Pie! :)

Toby and Tammy said...

what a crazy monday.
I love the Carpenters-their Christmas album is my absolute favorite.
hope the rest of the week is a bit better!

Unknown said...

There is never a dull moment in your life right now, is there? I am so sorry that you had to go through that BIG outburst. You are the strongest couple I know, to endure all this.

Andrea said...

It's almost over. It's so close I can smell the pee-free bedrooms, a house that doesn't need 40 cans of Frebreeze, no peaches and B.O wafting through your halls, no pelts, no shrines to Lynsey, no violence(except when L burns B with the curling iron)

Call me! Soon! Really Soon!

Shellee said...

Just think how bored you're going to be in 2 months. safe. but bored. Thats whats great about a timed commitment, there is an end in sight. my house smells, my kids freak out, and i'm pretty sure i'm committed through the eternities.

Mick and Tiff said...

Oh Lynsey, that is scary! You are amazing. Please come home soon... and in one piece!

Unknown said...

Hey no worries about the tag, I liked yours and kept wanting to post it. So thanks for playing. I don't mind tags, well at least new ones, it is when you get the same tags going around that I tend to skip. :) I hope you are having a better Tues. and Wed. I love reading your blog! You are so hilarious!

Anonymous said...

How did Karen Carpenter get your dress? Well I just want to say that you look WAY better in it than she does.

Hev said...

LYN!! Hang in there!! You guys are so awesome and I have a lot of respect for you and Ben! You are in our prayers, hope things get better quickly!