Thursday, March 20, 2008

IDOL rantings...

disclaimer: if you are one of "those" people that say "if you're not going to do something about it then you can't complain about it," do not read this. unfortunately i am one of "those" people & realize that by posting this i am a disgrace to myself. that being said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
kristy lee cook made the top 10?? the girl who sounds like, and i quote our new friend joshua, "a dog on crack with two puppies." or in simpler terms, one of the chippettes (female chipmunks for the young crowd who wasn't around during those cartoons) gone country. and not pure country. bad country. the type of country who can't even sing the correct chorus for a beatles song. she massacred "you've got to hide your love away" and the sad thing was, it was her best performance so far! what is happening to the voters in america? are they plugging their ears and just looking at pretty faces & pearly whites as they dial their phones? a lesson to those of you (me & ben) who don't vote but complain about it...this is what will happen. soon kristy lee cook will rule the country & we will all be sucking helium & twanging our voices to imitate our fearless sparkly leader. dramatic, yes. but good grief.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Hence my disdain for "reality" TV, especially the variety where we give Joe Public any modicum of power or influence. Can't wait for the Office to start again. Now THAT is reality!

Jules said...

I was just as shocked! Parker and I both thought she would go home. We miss you guys! check out our blog--- parjules.blogspot.com
(This is Julie Smith)

The Thompsons said...

Amen Sista!! I too am one that watches every week, complains, but has NEVER voted!!! Oh well! Oh, about my going private...nothing has really happened that I know about, but a few weeks ago my grandparents called and told me they were really worried about it because they saw this whole special on tv about crap that can happen with non-private blogs. I kind of ignored it and brushed them off, but the more I thought about it I thought it was way better to be safe than sorry when it comes to my kids. So it pretty much makes my grandparents and my inlaws feel better about me posting so many pictures and videos of my girls! Wow...that was a really long explanation, sorry!!! So when are we going to meet in the middle??? When do you guys leave??? We need to talk.

Andrea said...

Down with Kristy Lee Cook!!!