Friday, March 14, 2008

what a mighty good man

as we're getting ready to go to the beach condo this morning, ben & i were searching for the email we had received in october with the code to the door of the condo. we can't find it, so i say:

"well let's just call emily (our boss) to get the code."

ben says:

"no, i think i can remember it." (keep in mind the last time we used this code was in OCTOBER)

i say:

"ben, you're dyslexic."

ben says:

"i think i could figure it out."


maybe not everyone will think this is funny but to me it is. and here is why. people always joke about how men don't want to stop to ask for directions. my husband is the same way. he would rather drive around looking for a coffee shop that has the internet, get on google earth, find the location, and lead us there himself. so this morning, while i'm talking about making a 2 minute phone call to find the code, ben feels it would be more practical to stand outside for what could potentially be hours for him to "figure it out." there are so many things i love about this man, and this one made me laugh pretty hard this morning. what a man, what a man.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh, how I can relate.... :)

lynsey said...

In My defense!

So often i remain quite and allow this type of character assassination occur, but I can stay silent NO LONGER! My mind is like a steel trap that does not forget. I f there have been time that i have "forgotten things", I do not remember them. As for the "dyslexia issue" problem ever never been has it before me with! With this knowledge you all can ascertain that Lynsey is being hurtful and unfair. By the way if Emily is reading this could you call us and let us know what the code is to the codo?

Thanks
The Ben in Bensey

Kris said...

you guys crack me up! It's been a tough morning already for me but thanks for the laugh I needed it!
I like your response to the dyslexia issue ben, that made me laugh out loud, it reminded me of the movie Robinhood Men in Tights with the guy that always mixes his words up, funny stuff.

campblondie said...

So rich, I love it! Snap! Steel trap is right.

Andrea said...

I love it! Seriously I am taking the Lynnard's side on this issue...ever since the day Ben ripped Kangaroo Jack to shreds I've known there was something wrong with his steel trap mind...any mind that didn't see the comedic genius in that movie had to have issues!