Wednesday, March 19, 2008

mascara & an all-american addiction

the mascara i wrote about in last post:


trish mcevoy's mascara found in nordstrom, price (take a deep breath & sit down) a whopping $28. i KNOW! even on ebay, the starting bid is $20 plus shipping. after this one indulgent tube i will go back to my all-time favorite:



loreal voluminous mascara, price (prepare to be able to spend the rest of your hard-earned money on things of a more substantial nature) around $6 at walmart.

so there you have it. and now it is time to speak of another weakness of mine. this is something that has only been going on for about 6 months now but it has climbed up to such an extensive amount of obsessive thoughts that i think it could possibly be time for an intervention. i consider this item during every meal time...breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time, 3 am. you name it. if my stomach is speaking to my brain & they are having a conversation about food & the need for it, my thoughts immediately turn to this one thing....drum roll please....bring on the shame spiral...



that's right, the all-american corn dog. those who know me well know that before this job i averaged like maybe 1 hot dog a year and NEVER a corn dog. and that is only if there is NOTHING else to eat. the thought of corn dogs used to make me gag. i don't know what spirit has entered my body & taken over my will to fight the over-processed piece of fried meat but i am considering calling a priest to come and do an exorcism to free me of this that holds me bound.

i am almost positive that if this obsession had never started, i would probably weigh about 10 lbs. less than i do. but apparently step 1 is admitting so here i am. basically i am sitting here emotionally naked on the internet holding on to a corn dog with a ketchup & mustard mustache smeared around my mouth. if anyone else has this problem (which i'm sure you do not because most of my acquaintances have a more refined palate when it comes to food) then i would be happy to start a support group. just putting that out there. signing off now, it's time for lunch. yummmmmmm.

7 comments:

Ben said...

Do they have Hot Dog on a Stick out there? Oh, man, just thinking about it makes my stomach growl. It's like the filet mignon of hot dogs. You gotta get one next time you're out here.

The Foster Bunch said...

Ok Lynsey,
You either need medical attention, or it sounds like somethings someone might crave, when there is a little one in the oven. Are you needing to confess something else? Weird cravings like that have to be from something else. I am just joking! It is crazy sometimes what our bodies want, yours just happens to be corn dogs right now. Hope you are doing great! Love, Britt

lynsey said...

sorry britt, the only thing in this "oven" is digested corn dog bits!

and no ben, i haven't found a hot dog on a stick out here...why didn't i try one when i lived in utah??? maybe it's a good thing so that i have nothing to compare my sam's club brand too. :) the workers at HDOAS have to wear some pretty funky uniforms though. what's with the hats?

Shellee said...

Did you know that either Shauntell or Jodi Wilson got a job at hot dog on a stick just to get the uniform for halloween one year? They didn't actually work for more than a week, but boy do they have the fun costume.

I go through weird cravings when I'm chemically imbalanced. Its probably just the stress of your job, why else would you want salty meat on a stick, HMmmm???

Andrea said...

OK a few thoughts:
1. You should have stayed in the closet-I may never view your corn dog loving self the same again
2. OK that last thought was all a lie...I too actually find myself thinking of the corn dog...although I call them "sweet lover." That may be where Ethan got it from
3. OK that last thought was all a lie...I was just trying to make you feel better. I despise the vile things
4. OK that last thought was all a lie...I feel scared at coming out of the closet. I feel so exposed...so dirty! Long Live the Corn Dog!

Hannah said...

Lyns- well, I also have a confession- we keep well-stocked on corndogs in this house! When I first married Chris I was mortified that they were among his favorite food. Growing up they were treated as "not habital for the human plate" and my mom still turns down her nose at me (even though she occasionally sneaks a bite!) Anyhow, especially when I'm pregnant this becomes a once a week meal only made complete with a BIG PILE of tater tots! That's right we love our TOTS in the Graf home! Sprinkle them with seasoned salt just before cooking and you have a culinary masterpiece!

Yeah, too bad I'm experiencing the same 10 lb. problem...but for the love of a corndog! (or two...)

Anonymous said...

So far you've been accused of being obsessed, preggo, crazy, weird, chemically in balanced and in need of medical attention. Lynsey, darling, I am here to tell you that your love of the Hog-on-a-rod is perfectly normal! BECAUSE CORNDOGS ARE FREAKING AWESOME! I think you simply have good taste.

However, if you find yourself in need of a switch, get yourself a box of eggrolls from Costco and go to town! Those are my weakness!