Tuesday, March 18, 2008

rAnDoM sTuFf...

1) why is everyone going private on their blogs? i'm not criticizing, just wondering what has happened to make them feel that way. my mind can only come up with a couple of legitimate reasons and if they are the actual reasons my friends are going private then this world is a sicker place than i thought. and i live in durham (like #3 capitol crime city or something...we live in a really nice area though. do not be alarmed. but heck, we live WITH the criminals. how's that.)
2) that makeover lady was beastly but i have to tell ya....this mascara is worth every penny lauren spent on it to buy it for me. :) the stuff is basically indestructible. and wax-free. doesn't get any better than knowing you're NOT putting tar near your eyeballs.
3) speaking of eyeballs...how is it again that lauren didn't go blind when she accidentally used my face toner as eye make-up remover? when i am washing my face with it, if i get it within inches from my eyes they tear up. lauren straight up smeared it across her peepers with a cotton ball.

4) we are getting a new client to replace carrot top soon. sigh. this type of stuff, after reading the kid's file only embraces the anxiety i already feel living in this home. and the sad thing is, he was the most mild out of all the picks.
5) when did caleb grow into 2T clothes? this is truly a milestone. i thought he was going to have to get the tux for his wedding special-ordered in 18-24 mos. size. seriously, he turns 3 in may. halleluyer!
6) allergies flaring up...in march? come ON. it's going to be a loooooonnng allergy season.
7) how is easter in march this year? who decides these things? can i have a say?

6 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Lynsey,
I know what you mean about people having private blogs. I guess it makes sense, but I like the idea that my voice is being heard available to anyone who comes across my site. Not that I have anything of real interest to say.

Anyway, in answer to your question about Easter: As you may have heard, Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.

Pretty interesting...this is the earliest Easter will ever fall in our lifetime.
Amy

Jill said...

Well, I'm not that smart! I was going to say that it's because the schools wanted it to coincide with their spring break. What kind of mascara do you use? I need some new stuff for my stumpy little lashes.

Rachel Holloway said...

AMEN on the private blog issue! Don't worry, I won't go private on ya--if you even read mine anymore. Not sure...
Either way, I still read yours and love it--you are one of the funniest people ever...I just can't imagine, especially with you and Ben TOGETHER) your life NOT being completely full of laughter all the time. That little 2T Caleb has got to be one VERY funny little guy!

S and RA Beazer said...

Sorry ours is private but that is at the request of the main man at our house and I don't mind. I have a sister who has a private family one and then an open public onein which she uses codes names for her children and is fairly brief in descriptions, but they are totally fun to read and so full of personallity. Your's and hers are my favs to check up on.

Andrea said...

Congrats to Caleb on the whole 2T accomplishment. I just got in a 2T this year as well...so maybe Caleb and I can share clothes!

Anonymous said...

As long as there is breath in my body you shall have your Trish Macavoy mascara! Your eyes are too beautiful to be clumped up with anything but the best!