Tuesday, March 11, 2008

to my brosef




another late one, my brother tyler celebrated his 25th on saturday. i've always had a special place in my heart for this guy & when i think about memories with him, a smile immediately spreads across my face. sometimes i outright laugh.




tyler has always been someone who has strived to be an individual. to not fit into the "norm" of society & not let "the man" get him down. because of this, tyler was a born leader...but not the type that know it. he probably still doesn't know it but those around him see how people flock to him just to be around him, do what he's doing. he has a magnetic personality and is always just the "cool guy" hanging out in the background. i love him because he is not afraid to be himself.

he is also an amazing musician. self-taught on the guitar, keyboards, drums, you name it. he has been in several bands...his latest "the gorgeous hussies." i am amazed when i hear the music he has written & whenever i see him play.

ty...aka t-texas, t-gel, t-cup, t-zone, tizzy, t-bone (the list goes on)...is someone i am proud to call my brother. here are some good times/memories:

1) "here comes the cocoa puff train!"
2) your rooster hair when you would wake up as a boy
3) brave star! i remember jumping up and down on our beds singing the theme song at the top of our lungs in boise.
4) your ability to climb ANYTHING...even if it meant climbing up into a catholic cathedral so that your sister's choir could perform at their concert
5) hearing your cute little squeaky voice through my wall asking me to sing "castle on a cloud" to you again
6) being voted "boyfriend of the year" in 5th grade. the ladies always loved you!
7) your kindness to a new random kid every day...we'd look out into the backyard and it would always be a surprise to see who you were playing soccer with
8) your athletic ability, everything seemed to come so easily & effortlessly for you
9) your sense of humor...we have the same laugh when we get tired. like a drunk chipmunk. there have been so many times where we have both been bawling & laughing at the same time. then we would stop, then look at each other, then start all over again.
10) jackson hole memories, you working the early shift & falling asleep on the bagel toaster. i'm still amazed the mix of your drool & the electricity didn't shock you awake.
11) listening to you play the guitar
12) "love ya ty, love ya group!"
13) going for drives with you, listening to "anna begins" and talking about life. i have always been able to have deep conversations with you & i love it.
14) going on random campouts
15) when you got billy corbin's face put on your retainer & mom thought it was president hunter
16) that night up at bear lake when you & ben stayed up until 5 am talking. you have no idea how happy i was that you two got along so well. now i'm pretty sure you like him more than you like me! :)

17) dancing with you at my wedding
18) your wedding ceremony at the temple, watching you & kirsten & being so happy for you two
19) when you came around the corner for the last leg of the marathon, you called to me & asked where ben & allison were. you found out they were behind you & instead of finishing first, you waited for almost 10 minutes for them so that you could cross the finish line together. makes my eyes tear up right now just thinking about that moment. may not have been a big deal for you, but it was for everyone else to see.

20) your sweetness with all your nieces & nephews. you have such a soft & kind spirit.
21) being willing to quit your job over cutting your hair & getting $100 cash. stick it to the man!
22) hanging out with you until the wee hours when we lived in mom & dad's basement.
23) little toot & wodger podger
24) sleeping in my room when you got scared, i loved that you felt safe with me.
25) i couldn't resist....the family trip to canada, when we were sitting up late playing cards in the lodge & you um...broke wind several times in public & then tried to blame it on me. everyone knows it was you!!

i love your buns tyler! i can't imagine my life without you in it. happy 25th birthday!!!

6 comments:

Wolfley Family said...

This is totally random. I don't know if you even remember me - we moved into the 11th ward in Rexburg shortly before you guys moved out. Anyway, I saw on your blog that you're related to Chad Steadman - he's one of my husband's best friends from their Ricks days (they're former roommates). Anyway, small world :) Email us if you want access to see our blog and figure out who we are :) emailthewolfleys@gmail.com

Jen said...

Thank you so much for your order. The hold up with the shipping is the glass...I have 2 different frames that size, so can you measure the hole where your glass is and let me know so I can be sure the glass cutters give me the right one? As soon as I have the dimensions, I will get that package off to you. Thanks so much for your support. You are so great! You can email that to me, if you want...jen_hale@hotmail.com

Rachel said...

so I know Marie B., and I saw that you commented on her blog that you knew David Archuleta's older sister in high school...so...is his family LDS or not!? I can't figure it out...

MARIE said...

#15 ... TOTALLY CRACKIN' ME UP!!!!!!

Dana Broderick said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I can't believe you are all growed up! lol
I remember you as this sweet little kid still! i'd love to hear your music sometime... never have.

Anonymous said...

THANKS LYN, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. AND FOR THE RECORD EVERYONE. SHE BLAMES THE WIND ON ME BUT IT WAS HER!

-Ty