Saturday, March 29, 2008

some questions about being a private blog...help??

ok so i guess you do need to have a google account in order to be able to continue to view this blog, which is free & easy to sign up with. this invite allows non-gmail people a 30 day temp pass to view it but eventually i guess you have to get an account. i think what i'll do is create an account & password & send it out to family & close friends so they can log in...thanks for the idea, bryn!

ps-i don't know how to change the site feed...i searched through all of the settings & couldn't find it. i don't know if making my blog private automatically takes out the site feed option??? i'm trying to put the site feed back on so that mine will still show up on google reader. does anybody know????

4 comments:

Marci Ward said...

it really expires after 30 days? I have been using my yahoo account to sign into my own and that is been longer than 30 days? Is it just for reader other blogs?

lynsey said...

hmmmmm...i don't know. i just signed into my own blog under my hotmail accnt & it said that it expires on 4/28/08 so i just figured that i only got a 30 trial. anybody else know?

Rachel Chick said...

I may have been retarded and feed DOESN'T work for private blogs, if you figure it out, let me know. Also, good idea with making an account to send out to everyone. Although, everyone should just have gmail, because its awesome! Also thanks for your comments - I got a good kick out of it. And I think I need to start hounding Mike again for the picture - or maybe Hayley would know where it is, but it's kind of a random thing, so we'll have to see --- or not --- we may never see it! boo hoo!

Rachel Holloway said...

Nope--being a private blog takes you off the feed. BIG BUMMER!!!

I am not sure about your sign in problem. I know the invitation lasts for 30 days, but not too sure why it would kick you off if you have been using it..
weird